All I Want for Christmas is More Downton Abbey!




It is almost here...

...not Christmas silly. 




Season four!



Maybe not with Lady Mary in her riding habit - you know what happened last time she wore that outfit. It didn't work out well for poor Mr. Pamuk.



Thankfully Bates and Anna will be together again now that all that nasty jail bit is over and done with. Or is it? I honestly don't know. I don't read spoilers.




There is certain to be oodles of good lines for Lady Violet.

She has always been my favourite. Then I spotted this...

I knew it!! My heroine!



Anna and Lady Violet. No Diet Coke here I'm afraid.




Season Four airs on PBS Sunday, January 5th. Four new characters are set to join the cast and I cannot wait! Neither could Mina, Sam, Remy and Doughboy.
I hope you'll join us.



Downton Abbey is followed immediately by Season 3 of Sherlock starring Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman. If you haven't watched this PBS program I suggest you cozy up to Netflix and watch Seasons 1 & 2 PDQ.
You won't be disappointed.



Downton Abbey & pony photos were nipped from the web.
Crochet patterns used:
Lady Violet:  Annie's Attic Barbie Dress Pattern 87V26 (out of print) using worsted weight yarn instead of crochet cotton and a few modifications to fit Mina's slim torso and non-Barbie bust. Hat and bib my own pattern.
Anna: Tea Time Frock pattern. I made some modifications for Sam's arms. Carol at Shady Lane was really helpful and suggested that her patterns for 15" dolls would probably fit the sock monkeys quite well. The apron started out from this free pattern on Ravelry. Headpiece and collar were my own design.
Bates: Boler hat and vest: My own design. 
Lady Mary: Top hat base: Pattern found on Ravelry here with modifications to fit Doughboy's hat. The coat was a free Barbie pattern found here also on Ravelry. It just needed a few modifications to fit Doughboy's figure - which is not too similar to a Barbie doll's!

Thank you so much for stopping by. You know where you'll be able to find me on Sunday evenings in the New Year: On the couch, crochet hook in hand. Diet Coke with Lime nearby. Appreciating the finer things in life.

Tracy

15 comments

  1. Tracy, I had no idea Mina, Sam, Remy, and DB had sailed across the pond! No wonder you were so busy getting passports together! You have quite outdone yourself with both your crochet and computer skills, my dear. I do believe you'll win a major award for your costume and set design! I've got to put the water on to boil and sit down with a cup o' tea and biscuits and then go back to fully appreciate the craftsmanship that went into this post! A refreshing post indeed! Encore!!!

    Your blog banner is pretty spiffy, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are killing me here! I almost peed my pants when I saw the first photo (wish I could say it takes a lot for me to pee my pants these days). You really went all out with your crocheting, girl. Adjusting patterns to fit boobs and all that! I've been trying to find clothes to fit Sandy here, but I did not realize that Barbie type stuff might fit with a little alteration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still catching up on season 2 on Netflix. Don't you just want to move in with those characters? I love your season 4 trailer.So funny and cute! I'll be thinking of you on Sundays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, your monkey's are funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your hilarious version of Downton Abbey. I'm with you, I can't wait for the new season to start!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute post, I be right there with you. Long may it play!!!!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your sock monkeys!!! I'm up to Episode 5 of Season 4 ~ I'm loving it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my word ~ just too funny !!
    And I think I just saw a sock monkey running off with my miniature horse .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tracy,

    Your blog is my favorite and this is one of the MANY reasons why! I nearly fell over laughing so hard. . .you did a fantastic job with your costumes and of course Doughboy, Remy, Mina and Sam did a great job posing! I LOVE Downtown Abby and can't wait for it to return, my birthday is Jan. 4th so I consider the new season my gift ;-)

    I will have to try Sherlock, I am glad you mentioned it. I wonder if Amazon prime offers it? Off to see. . . Please keep the posts coming I need all the holiday cheer I can get!

    Hugs,
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tracy, how did I miss this post?!?! Yes...I was wondering why PBS was running Downton Abby repeats last night! I can hardly wait...and well Sherlock is simply scrummy!! Have you watched Last Tango in Halifax yet????? Well if you haven't, its time you put your computer skills to work and find it on floating somewhere on blogland! My oldest daughter has been Dropboxing me season 2!! Oh...tell Vickie she'll really have to put the kettle on for that show! You know its a good bit of English crumpet when you are yelling at the tv!!
    Your'e welcome :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tracey,
    These are too cute. How did I miss this post too! I just got a message from vickie to come and see this! Too cute. I am going to have a post soon on Love and My sock monkey Midge so you will have to come by for that!!!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  12. So adorable!!! I especially love Lady Violet. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Found you via Vickie at Ranger 911. Love your spoof on Downton Abbey, I'm a big fan as well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tracy,
    I just did a post on Sock monkey Midge. I gave your Downton Abbey sock monkey post a shout out. Very cute .http://www.junkchiccottage.blogspot.com/2014/02/romantic-homes-feature-and-valentines.html
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am such a fan as well, its me laurie from I loved a cloudy day, I thought I would never blog again when my sight worsened but through a new computer program I am back, I had to start a new blog fr the program to work but its almost the same name, that meant I am trying to rejoin all my friends from before, its been slowly slowy, I have missed you all so mcuh,

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your visit and comments! :)