Pebble Backsplash



It dawned on me that I haven't really posted any close up photos of our pebble backsplash or photos to prove we actually did finish our crown moulding!



I love our beadboard with the pebble backsplash. I have not had any regrets that we didn't tile and the painted surface is holding up perfectly after two years, even by the sink.



I sealed the pebbles with about four coats of regular tile/grout sealer (which reminds me, I should do a touch up soon) and have not had anything not wipe right off. I tape up a fancy paper towel curtain when I'm cooking anything with tomatoes or if Mr. CF is cooking bacon. Of course I don't use the back burners when this is up.

I think the backsplash ended up costing about $80 for the rock, grout & sealer. The fellow that put them up also installed our countertops, scroll down for photo here, so that cost wasn't figured in to the $80. A very reasonable alternative to tile and I love the look.

Linking up to:
Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

6 comments

  1. Very pretty next to the bead board. Love all the white.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very lovely! I like the interest it adds to the beadboard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fresh and crisp look your kitchen has. I really like. And I also like your white Sunbeam MixMaster!
    Have a great day. I'll be back to see your next posting. I'm your newest follower.
    Karen
    Ladybug Creek

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous! I agree with Karen... the fresh and crisp look of your kitchen is awesome! I am clicking to follow you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it... Still looking for ideas for our tiny cabin kitchen. Thanks for sharing your kitchen inspirations! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im putting up pebble tiles today in my kitchen! Love your backsplash!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your visit and comments! :)