First Snowfall Decor




Just hours after I hung this 1860's Natural History print yesterday it started to snow... and it hasn't stopped. Like everything from Karen, The Graphics Fairy, it was free! Someday I want to paint on the reverse of this antique tray, but right now I'm loving the way these reindeer warm up the nook in our kitchen. This print is beautiful... there are soft aqua tones in the snow that you just can't appreciate on your monitor. Find the image here.



Before...



And after. It is good incentive to finish the three pane window.



This project was totally free. I printed the image at home on 13x19 matte photo paper and professionally slapped it onto the back of the tray with four teeny pieces of Scotch tape. Everything used I had on hand: photo paper, the reproduction antique ornaments, mason jar, dead ribbon grass from my garden, jute, and ribbon. 



My EAT sign was free too. Thanking Mother Nature for the snow and The Graphics Fairy for the Instant Art!

Linking up to:
YourSiteTitleFunky Junk's Sat Nite SpecialThe Graphics Fairy






7 comments

  1. tracy,
    i love your little "nook" and all the decor: beadboard, vintage window, aqua canning jars, etc. i'm off to check out the rest of your blog..love it.
    judi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Traci! Found you at the SNS. Newest follower! LOVE the color!! Stop by and say hello when you have time!

    atobeingcreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pop of blue is beautiful! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your idea of using a tray as a picture frame. Very clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your jar! Fun idea to decorate for the first snow... we've had almost 30" since 10/25! Thanks for visiting me and your sweet comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving your pix (and story of snowfall already!), and smiled because I did it "el cheapo" on my project called "Meet The Boys" on my blog recently. Come peek if you'd like, you are always welcome.

    Smiles for your creativity!

    Visiting from BRAG MONDAY at GraphicsFairy today,
    ~Suzanne in NW Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  7. How pretty! And I am super jealous that you already have snow :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your visit and comments! :)