Big Kid Hooded Towels



This spring good ole Grandma Audrey made us four BIG hooded towels for our boat. They are made for big kids (or adults) with a bath towel and hand towel (lots of tutes out there). The burgundy is pretty, was on sale, and does not show sunscreen or snack smudges.


Miss M and her friends LOVE these big towels and how warm they are with the hood. I'm not saying it's cold in Alberta, but September 6th 2010 we were tubing with touques on. That was a bit crazy. Anyway... I wanted to add something to the towels so the kids can always grab their own towel. I've been crocheting for about two years now and wanted to do an edge but the thought of using a tiny steel hook to pierce the towel and worsted weight yarn was a bit daunting. Then I happened upon Shell's crocheted pillowcase edge via Funky Junk Donna's Saturday night special and I knew how I was going to edge the towels! Thank you Shell!



With Miss M back in school and the very best September weather I can remember Mr. Crow's Feet and I hit the lake Wednesday for some crocheting, fishing, and a game of King's Crib (THE best game ever). I used acrylic yarn from my stash and a very simple five double crochets then a single crochet and...



 We tried them out today and the girls LOVED them!



I left one with just a blanket stitch for Miss M's boy cousin and/or friends.



Today was an amazing day on the lake; so calm, so warm, so much fun and now our cozy towels from Grandma have happy hooky edges.


Thanks for stopping by. I'm linking up to Funky Junk Interior's Saturday Night Special

2 comments

  1. Super great idea to personalize them with the croched edge! WOO HOO!!! Can't wait to try that out ;) Thank you for your comment when visiting me at www.shelstring.com!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Checking out your blog and these towel coverups and crochet edges are fantastic. I appreciate your visit to my newbie blog and comments. I am hoping to learn how to crochet like this on edges of flannel baby blankets. My church's craft group makes them and sell for only $12. So it's nice to know I've got another backup if I can't master the stitching! I love following your blog! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your visit and comments! :)