Butter Late Than Never!



In the early 1900's my great grandmother Eliza Anne used to make butter and sell it to the grocery store in town. Luckily my aunt still had some of the parchment butter wrappers and gave me some about three years ago. I have always wanted one framed to hang in my kitchen and finally... ta-da! I had envisioned a pricey custom frame, but instead I used a $1.50 thrift store eighties number and after averting my eyes from it's peach hue, I painted it cream. It's 5.5"x6.5"... just right I think; it may get distressed a bit yet... that can always come later. Mrs. Robin needed a spring kerchief and I had to get out a coordinating salt & pepper. 



My great grandparents and my grandmother (circa 1920) on Garden Hill Farm with one of the first cars in the area.



Linking up to:

Rooted In Thyme
Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

4 comments

  1. Your little vignette is adorable! Somebody in your family was a keeper, lucky for you, to have saved that butter wrapper. Only you would think to add a kerchief to the bird. Hehehe. And your salt and pepper shakers make me smile. Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How special this is! I can't believe she kept the wrapper! What a blessing.

    Have a wonderful day!
    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful post. I love the wrapper and how you displayed it on your shelf. What wonderful memories!
    Thanks for sharing on Simple and Sweet Fridays. Love the bird kerchief!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your vignette really caught my attention, it's wonderful! I collect salt shakers and I love those! I laughed a lot reading about being 50 and vintage photos...LOL.
    Besos (kisses) from Buenos Aires, Argentina.
    Silvina.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your visit and comments! :)